Thursday, June 23, 2005

Destined to have an interesting life

My dad, for those of you know him, is a rather colorful person. He grew up in a shack, seriously, in Fowlerton Texas and at a young (teenish) age he traveled to Siouth Dakota to work. Here, he met my mother and married her, along the way he's traveled all over the U.S. I can't go into all of the strange yet humorous stories he has but there is a recent one that may explain why mom and I believe dad was destined to have an interesting life.

My dad has lost a lot of weight and what not due to his severe diabetes and circulation is definately not what it once was. Well, last week in Alvin Texas where he is currently working he went out from his hotel to the nearby gas station to get a frozen pizza to microwave in his room. On the way to the station a man asked if he could have some money for some beer. Dad, somewhat pissed, declined. Then the man pulled a knife on him, and said "in that case, give me your wallet." This makes me chuckle, my dad turned around and reached into his back pocket, and pulled out an ice pick. "Where do you want it? In the eye or in the throat?"The guy dropped his knife and said, "Hey man, all I wanted was a couple beers." "FIne, walk infront of me into the station and I'll buy you some."

When I heard about this, I wasn't afraid for my dad but for those who wanted to pickpocket or steal some money. That's my dad for you...

Al x3


4 Comments:

At Fri Jun 24, 08:41:00 AM , Blogger Fitz said...

Heh, I was half surprised he didn't whip out his cane and stab him! Only your dad would own something as cool as a sword cane... btw... an ice pick in his back pocket? If ever he forgot it was there, I'm sure he would be sorely reminded next time he sat down.... ouch!

 
At Sat Jun 25, 01:57:00 AM , Blogger ~Kevin said...

Woah... did a mental double take there... for a moment I saw your dad taking out his wallet and asking the guy- wait, what!? *rewind the visual* *play* Cop-on-a-cellphone, that mugger's in deep poopoo!

Sometimes, your dad really frightens me... really hope I never get on his bad side...

 
At Sun Jun 26, 07:59:00 PM , Blogger Ali said...

Lol, yah he can be a bit crazy, and no kevin you'll never be on his bad site. Your too precious for that.

Al <3

 
At Thu Jun 30, 07:26:00 AM , Blogger Fitz said...

I totally agree with Rach on this one Al... where are you man?! I'm feeling left out up here in the northland.... like some carmel-tasting lass down yonder doesn't care anymore...*whimpers**wink*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home