Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Thoughts

I've got a lot to cover in this post, so get comfortable, or prepare to click another link to somewhere else. What's been going on this past week you ask?

Last week, I worked a lot at the local coffee house and filled in on the days that I didn't officially work. Through out the entire time, I'd been trying to plan what Kevin and I were going to do for Saturday. It's his day off, and he's entitled to sleeping in because he works so hard and for so long. On Thursday, I finally got the information together. We were going to go to my sister's house and hang out for the day. The day, being when Kevin wakes up and has to leave.

While at my sister's house, we tried to fix her internet connection, but found that we had been trying way too hard. After finishing that, having some dinner and hanging out in generally. We popped in the movie Be Cool it was surprisingly really good. If you get rid of the skantily dressed women, and some other "adult" humor it would be absolutely awesome.

Quick thought here, what's it supposed to mean when they say something is "adult" humor? I mean, come on, anyone can think stupid and vulgar thoughts not just adults. Shouldn't being classified as "adult" humor be something that isn't vulgar? If you're a kid and don't get this "adult" humor, you don't have much to look forward to. I feel bad for society, kids are "growing up" way too quickly. A good illustration, when I was at the community center yesterday afternoon I heard eight year olds saying the "f word". That's horrible, at eight years old I was just getting my social skills down (Yes, I'm introverted). If I was that kids mom, she would get a horrible spanking and sent to her room, no "fun" for a month. NO ONE needs to talk like that.

Anyway, after the movie it was about midnight and Kevin had to get home before long so that he could get up for church in the morning. His church starts earlier during the summer, rather than the later time during the school year. Mom and I went home immediately after the movie, I was having trouble keeping my eyes open so I am glad that mom didn't have problems driving home.

I don't really remember Sunday or Monday too well, except that one of those days Mom and I were working in the yard for most of the day. Mom, all of the day, and I was out there for a couple hours before coming back in the house to pass out.

I've been working at Common Grounds yesterday and will work until Saturday. My cousing Ridge may be flying in tomorrow to Sioux Falls. He's been involved with pot, and is on probation right now. He is going to meet with his probation officer today to find out if he can come or not. Ridge, is a very good kid he's just around the wrong crowd and has some issues with his family life. My aunt Pam, had lost her husband a year ago and has gone through a "selfish phase" since. Ridge has had some problems with pot before, but now his mother isn't there to help him with losing his father and all the other issues he has.

We are all hoping that Ridge will be able to come tomorrow, because he really needs a change in scenery. Melonie has been in touch with Pam, Ridge, and his probation officer for quite some time getting the details ironed out. Sadly things are going slow because Pam's side of the family is a little slow on getting things done that NEED to be done. If all works well, and Ridge really likes living up here, I know Melonie is thinking of adopting him because Pam really doesn't care about him right now. She has a lot to deal with, and isn't willing to take the time to straighten Ridge out.

If Melonie does adopt Ridge, which I don't know if it is even an issue, he will actually have a chance at normal life. Where he lives there in Texas, he is surrounded by a lot of Pam's family and some of his "friends" that are not the kind of person you would want your kid to be hanging around with or even know about. Living up here, if he gets the chance, is going to be a really big change for him. Melonie lives out in the country, and he will be working on the house and helping Todd with landscaping. It wouldn't be easy for him, since he's been babied for a long time.

What you been thinking about in the past week that you may have been meaning to post on here but didn't get the chance?

I saw a picture of my dad on his birthday sitting on the table yesterday and I got to thinking. During that time he hadn't been drinking for a long time, except for maybe beers, so the smile on his face was genuine. Growing up, I've never really seen my dad without him being a little bleary. I really hope, when he comes back that he won't be drinking again either. I know, from mom, that he has been drinking while down south (Louisianna) so I hope he'll try the no go when he comes back up.

There is so much more I wanted to say but I can not think of it right now. Which, for your sake and mine, is probably a good thing. You won't have to keep sitting in your chair waiting for me to finish, and I can get ready for work.

See you later,

Al

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 17, 11:21:00 AM , Blogger Fitz said...

The f-bomb is never appropriate. The thing that drives me mad is when people say, "Pardon my French" after it. What? Do we think French people swear like the day is long? Try FINDING swear words in French! The hardest word I've come up with in French is "zut" meaning..."darn". Next time, I'll just say, "Pardon my American."

 
At Tue Jun 21, 07:47:00 AM , Blogger Ali said...

Flipping the dirt on a garden, planting tomatos, and parsley. It wasn't a alot, but it was REALLY hard to hoe the old garden that had been taken over by weeds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home