Thursday, June 30, 2005

Things seem to speed up when you're not paying attention.

This past week/the one we are still in the middle of, I called my workplace to see if I worked that day and found that I did not. Excited, I smiled to myself and went back upstairs and layed down until about noonish. Tuesday, I went to work from 11:30am - 1:30pm and found that my bosses didn't schedule me the day before because they were sure I'd need a day break from my camping excursion from the past weekend. Isn't that the sweetest thing?

That day, I also wrote down my work schedule for the next two weeks. Surprisingly I had only to write down three times. Tuesday 11:30 - 1:30, Wednesday 11:30 - 1:30, and the following Wednesday 11:30 - 1:30. In a small way I was really excited and in another kind of sad. I like working at Common Grounds, and I don't get many hours.

When I got home, there was a call from Patti Beck, for those of you who don't know her. She is the lady in charge of student employment at DSU. She said there was one or two Federal Work study jobs available if I had an interest in them. They would begin right after the fourth of july. This really striked my interest, with as low amount of hours I get at Common Grounds, I was on the verge of peeing myself. So, I called Patti back and talked to her about it. One job for Jean Taylor(not sure about the last name) in either clerical or web publishing position. Again, I nearly wet myself with excitement. There is another job available but she wanted to see if they were still sincerely seeking a person for it so she'll get back to me.

In the evening on Wednesday, my family (Mom, Mel, Cam, Ridge, Grandma, and I) went to my Uncle David's house. He lives out by Lake Madison, and Ridge hadn't seen them for years. So we wanted to have dinner and hang out with David and his family. We did get to hang out for many hours, had some wonderful hamberger(suddenly has a question but this is a note to scroll down), and later on hot tubbing. <3 <3 <3

After the hot tub, which came before taking grandma home, we decided to call it a night because we are going to be going to WWW(wild water west) in Sioux Falls on Thursday. Yes, that means earlier today. x3 <3

----------------------------------------------
Questions and Ponderings
----------------------------------------------
One question I have, when having a two way with Kevin I used the phrase: like it's going out of style.
What exactly does that mean? Who really cares if something is going out of style. I was referencing the fact that I was reading quite a bit. Besides the Enlightenedment(sp?) when has reading EVER been "in style"? I know this phrase is about doing something with zeal but it just sounds stupid.

Another phrase I had used also with Kevin: (insert subject) like no tomarrow.
What, suddenly because you did something, there is going to be no tomorrow? As if reading would cause that. x3 This is another phrase about doing something with zeal, that still just comes out stupid.

The note mentioned above is about the word: hamberger.
Ham comes from pigs. Berger well is the roundish meat stuffs that you digest because you feel like it. Then, using that logic, why is it that they are calling cow meat made into the roundish meat stuffs hamberger. Shouldn't it be called something like: mooberger, cowberger, or fourfootedyummymassburger? The last one, of course would be way too long for McDonalds to put on their menu's so I can understand the lack of enthusiasm for it.

Well, I have to go make a deposite in the poop bucket of doom. L8r :D *farts horribly*

5 Comments:

At Fri Jul 01, 06:49:00 AM , Blogger Fitz said...

Ok, so here goes you for understanding:
Hamburger was created in Hamburg, Germany and thus picked up it's name. No relation to miss piggy and her breed.
I really hope you didn't wet yourself...it sounds gross, but the smell of urine doesn't ever really leave the carpet.
"Like it's going out of style"... most people wear or do something when it's 'in style' (take us out of the equation obviously). If they really like it, but see that it's getting ready to go 'out of style' they'll do it a lot so when it goes out of style they'll be so tired of it they won't care for it anyway. Oh, and reading was cool in school when you got pizza for it.yum... pizza.
"like no tomorrow"... If you knew there would never be another day... no tomorrow... people are more inclined to actually do what they want to do...not what they must. They want to spend the moments left here in pure happiness, petting a dog, sniffing a flower, hugging that one person who doesn't care if you fart in their car... it's a freedom. I think everyone should live 'like no tomorrow'.
wow, what a response! How's the family? Good? Good...

 
At Fri Jul 01, 11:30:00 AM , Blogger Ali said...

the phrase going out of style, isn't because something is going out of style, it's more of a metaphore (sp?) about using or doing something with much intensity in reference to those who do things to stay "cool" by doing the things that are "in stle". Atleast, that's my take on it.

I didn't know the hamberger was created in Hamburg germany. Freaky.

Most people have no clue if there will be tomorrow, so why don't they do like others? I think this is another metaphore or something.

 
At Tue Jul 05, 07:06:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahem! There are more important issues in the world today. Where's my MONKEY!? You know, the one I don't have? That one. Where'd it go?

ANYFRUIZZLE, you're overanalyzing the art of mindless cliché, which---of course---defeats the purpose of them being mindless.

 
At Tue Jul 05, 08:14:00 AM , Blogger Ali said...

Exactly. n_n

 
At Fri Jul 08, 09:09:00 AM , Blogger Fitz said...

uh huh.... my brain is fruizzled.... yay...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home